With a doctorate in synthetic organic chemistry and over 25 years of drug discovery experience in GSK and its legacy organisations and at G. D. Searle, Rod Porter Consultancy brings to its clients:
- Successful big pharma drug discovery across a broad range of therapeutic areas from anti-infectives through cardiovascular and oncology to the CNS
- A record of success as an inventor of numerous compounds that progressed into preclinical and clinical development – Frovatriptan is on the market
- A heightened awareness of ADMET/PK and overall developability from my interest in CNS drug discovery
- A focus on solving the problems the programme has – adding value to the programme.
- Extensive experience of progressing compounds through all stages of hit id and validation and lead optimisation to candidate selection
- Extensive experience of transnational matrix team research programme leadership
- A track record of innovation working on unprecedented targets.
- Access through an informal network of contacts to service providers and experts in, for example, molecular modelling and post candidate selection activities.